Connect with us

NEWS

BREAKING! 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With Buhari

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has gained an upper hand in the ongoing crisis within the All Progressives Congress, APC over the reversal of the Oyegun-led NWC tenure elongation.

All 24 governors have agreed with president Buhari after a meeting on Wednesday that the party’s constitution should be adhered to in respect to electing a new NWC.

Governor of Zamfara state, Abdulaziz Yari revealed this to Statehouse correspondents after the meeting today. He said;

“We consulted and all the 24 governors of the APC are in the same page with Mr. President that we are going to respect our party constitution, we are going to respect the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. So, therefore, we collectively agreed that we will have congresses at all levels – local, state and national.”

ALSO READ>  TOO BAD! Employers Use Corpers As Slaves, Says NYSC Coordinator

It will be recalled that President Buhari had at the party’s National Executive Committee’s meeting last week declared as illegal, a proposal for the extension of the tenure of the John Odigie-Oyegun-led NWC of the party, adding that it violated the party’s constitution.

The post BREAKING! 24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With Buhari appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.

Source: NGTREND UPDATE

90 total views, 10 views today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)

Education

Breaking: ASUU rejects Federal Government’s offers as strike continues

Published

on

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), presently on a nationwide strike, has rejected the offers made to it early this week by the Nigerian government.

This was made known by the President of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, who revealed that upon reviewing the offers made by the government, members of the union across various campuses and zones rejected it.

Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, had stated that the labour dispute with the university teachers was on the verge of being resolved after the seventh meeting with the leadership of ASUU on Tuesday.

However, in a report by PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday, the President of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, disregarded the claim of Chris Ngige and stated that they had rejected the offer.

Mr. Ogunyemi, who described government’s offer on the outstanding revitalization fund of N1.1 trillion as tokenism, said members are insisting that government should release at least a tranche of N220 billion spread over four quarters of 2019.

ALSO READ>  Check Out These Dope Graphics Designer

He added that on earned allowances, government’s proposal should not be lesser than the total amount released “the last time.

Mr Ogunyemi said; “Our members have rejected tokenism with respect to outstanding revitalization fund of N1.1 trillion. They are insisting that government should release at least one tranche of N220 billion spread over four quarters of 2019.

“On earned academic allowances, our members said government’s proposed amount out of the verified balance should not be less than the total amount released last time, while evidence of mainstreaming the allowances into the 2019 budget should be shown. Also, timeline should be attached to payment of the balance of the arrears.

“The revitalization fund and earned academic allowances are the two critical areas on which our members feel strongly about. They expect necessary adjustments on the part of government before they can reconsider their decision on the ongoing strike action.”

509 total views, 62 views today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Education

ASUU explains why strike has not been suspended after its 7th meeting with government

Published

on

After its seventh meeting with government, ASUU has explained why strike, which is over two months is still ongoing.

In the middle: ASUU President, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi at the Union’s meeting on Saturday, August 12, 2017. In the middle: ASUU President, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi at the Union’s meeting on Saturday, August 12, 2017.
Following the meeting between the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and Federal Government on Monday, January 7, 2019, ASUU president, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi has explained why the strike has not been suspended.

Ogunyemi while speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, said the union is yet to conclude consultations with its members on the possible agreement presented by the Federal Government at the meeting.

Asked when the strike which is over two months now would be called off, the union president said “Our members said they want to see evidence of satisfactory implementation of all they have proposed before the strike can be called off.”

Recall that the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige on Monday after the meeting said that the Federal Government has released N15.4 billion for the payment of the salary shortfalls, which according to him is one of the major demands of the union.

Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige
“On the issue of salaries in tertiary institutions, especially in universities, the Ministry of Finance and the Office of the Accountant- General provided evidence that as of Dec. 31, 2018, the Federal Government had remitted N15.4 billion.

“Also on the issue of Earned Allowances in the universities system, they also showed us evidence that Mr President has approved the N20 billion to be used to offset the outstanding arrears of the 2009 and 2012 audit verified earnings, in the university system,” he said.

ASUU initially denies reaching agreement with government

Barely two days after the FG-ASUU meeting, ASUU president said the union is yet to reach any agreement with government over the ongoing strike.

ALSO READ>  [Song] Masterkraft X Tamba Hali – “Funkie”

The union leader in an interview with Tribune said the negotiations between both parties were still inconclusive.

He added that the team that represented ASUU at the meeting has no final on whether the strike should be suspended after the meeting or not.

Ogunyemi also explained that what is on ground now between the government and the lecturers is not an agreement but a proposal which the union insisted must be written down to show the government’s plans of action.

Danielson Bamidele Akpan: NANS president. Danielson Bamidele Akpan: NANS president. Danielson Bamidele Akpan: NANS president.
NANS accuses ASUU of being selfish

Meanwhile, the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has urged ASUU to suspend the lingering strike since the union has supposedly reached an agreement with the government.

In a statement signed by NANS president, Comrade Bamidele Akpan and sent to Pulse on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, the student body accused the lecturers of not pursuing the interest of Nigerian students.

The statement reads in part:

‘’We urge our members and the general public to know that ASUU do not pursue our collective interest as they claim and desist from subscribing to blackmail and propaganda on the leadership of NANS. Now that both Federal Government and ASUU have resumed negotiation and concessional approval made by the FG, the general public should prevail on ASUU to go back to the classroom in the interest of the country.

‘’No amount of blackmail and propaganda by ASUU and some hardliners will make me lose focus as President of NANS. You must have seen the name dropping and castigation on main stream and social media. I shall continue to discharge my duties in the best interest of Nigerian students. In the next few days there must be visible result which will get our members back to classroom.

ASUU declared an indefinite nationwide strike on Sunday, November 4, 2018 at its NEC meeting held at the Federal University of Technology, Akure.

490 total views, 70 views today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

NEWS

NEWSAPC vs PDP: Tinubu reveals what Atiku did when he was Lagos governor

Published

on

National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Tinubu on Friday stated that Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar abandoned Lagos State when he was in office.

The former Lagos governor said Atiku, then vice president, failed to act when the Obasanjo government seized the state’s local government allocation.

Tinubu spoke in Abuja when he received the representatives of traditional rulers from South West States led by Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi.

“Atiku was Vice President of this country when the local government allocation for Lagos state was seized. When we led a protest to Atiku then, he said go away. Go and comply.

“Without those allocation, you cannot bring development. When we said we needed power to power Lagos and the industrial base in our region, they said no”, Daily Trust quoted him as saying.

ALSO READ>  Fire Go Burn All Your Enemies – Majek Fashek Tells Dino Melaye

“They were taking away N250 million from our allocation every month for being innovative and creative. Everywhere we turn, they rejected us and punished us. But we never gave up.

“Today, we are in that progressive development championed and led by President Muhammadu Buhari. Thank you for not looking back. Thank you for visiting and encouraging him.

“I am very happy and proud of the very promising situation. When you have the endorsement of your Royal fathers, it means you have the people with you and the voice of the people is the voice of God. I am elated.

369 total views, 60 views today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Ngtrend, Theme by Abioye Samuel WhatsApp +2349020501273 http://ngtrend.com.ng
© 2018, Ngtrend (Design By Topcityvibe)

%d bloggers like this: