Connect with us

NEWS

Champions League: We Have To Be Ready For Manchester City’s Response- Virgil Van Dijk

Published

on

Liverpool Center Defender .Virgil van Dijk has admitted Liverpool’s 3-0 victory over Manchester City in the Champions League was “massive”, but says that his side are braced for a response in next week’s second leg.

Three first-half goals led to Liverpool registering a hugely-impressive win at Anfield to leave the club on the brink of securing a place in the last four in the competition.

ALSO READ>  ‘Runtown Faces Arrest For Sponsoring His Fake Blackmail ‘Sex Tape’ – Eric Many

However, Van Dijk has acknowledged that Liverpool must now be prepared for what he suggests is an inevitable response from the Premier League leaders at the Etihad Stadium next Tuesday.

The 26-year-old told the club’s official website: “It was massive to get three goals and a clean sheet to take with us to Manchester.

ALSO READ>  Must Read:Police Arrest A 70-Year-Old Man For Defiling 13-Year-Old Girl In Ogun

“The first half was good; there were a couple of things that could be better. In the second half we struggled a bit; we weren’t calm enough and a bit sloppy. But it was very important to keep a clean sheet and we did.

“It’s pretty clear it’s still going to be very difficult, but we just need to be well prepared. They’re going to come, we need to be ready for it and play our game.”

ALSO READ>  [Video] Timaya – Ah Blem Blem

The post Champions League: We Have To Be Ready For Manchester City’s Response- Virgil Van Dijk appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.

Source: NGTREND UPDATE

206 total views, 5 views today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)

NEWS

Why Is Buhari Appointing Only Northerners Into Key Positions In His Administration?

Published

on

y

Leading a country is no child’s play. It is a very serious business. There is ruling and there is leading. The first belongs to God and could be found also in states that model themselves after the theocratic order. The truth is that such societies run into crisis which often turns very fatal, and that is because ruling belongs to God and not man.

Man should lead and do so with the fear of God and things would work. The world has come to accept democracy as the best form of human governance and this is because experience has shown that in the affairs of man acting as a collective, nothing can surpass dialogue, discretion and consensus. When leaders opt to throw this away, distrust is inevitable and it will be followed by massive mayhem.
There is a truth we must say at this point in the development of our nation and that truth is that our President and members of his team have in the last three years been dancing to a strange music not suitable for the rest of us. There is a brazenness that is going on, which is diametrically in conflict with the New Nigeria we want. Well -meaning citizens must be worried given the time in which we are. There is so much dislocation, hunger, deprivation and disease in the land and adding to it, social tension would amount to challenging God on why He gave us a country called Nigeria.
Last week alone two events happened and they showed how the presidency has been mismanaging the affairs of our country. The first was the hostile investigation of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, his public humiliation and hasty attempted arraignment before the Code of Conduct Tribunal and the second was the appointment of an Acting Inspector General of Police. I take the first. The affront on the Chief Justice of Nigeria was not supposed to be even with all the facts mentioned so far. Those knowledgeable about the political culture of our country would not find it difficult to see that it is a carefully premeditated action, designed to achieve narrow political aims. Those who did this had two basic objectives: one is to take control of the 2019 general elections and secondly to be in control of strategic state institutions for the furtherance of internal colonization.
They are so mad about the objectives that they care less about the fate of the country and the wellbeing of the citizens or that they feel strongly enough that they are in control and up against the citizenry that has lost faith even in themselves. The north has dominated the headship of the Supreme Court and when it was the turn of the incumbent, a minority from the South-South, many well-meaning citizens were happy at the development, but joy soon turned to curiosity when the President, the approving authority kept the appointee perpetually on acting capacity for months running.
It is instructive that President Buhari did not appoint the CJN into the seat. It was the Vice President who put a halt to the anomaly while acting for the President. That was a bad sign. It exposed negative intentions and biases, nevertheless many let it go in the hope that the appointment had taken care of every other thing; the turn of events seems to show that what all of us had was false hope. There seems to be a confirmation that enemies of true Nigeria would never stop their acts of perfidy except they get everybody into a big mess and trouble.
I have heard a lot of people talk on this matter including the professionals who end up confusing us the more and in fact providing the atmosphere under which evil men thrive. By now we ought to know the elementary lesson long taught by history that those who subvert the system thrive best in an atmosphere of chaos and discordant tones and that is the system that they have used to rein us in and are still using. Nepotism has again been elevated as state policy.
Different groups shouted from the standpoint of selfishness, ethnicity and religion. In the end nothing happened and the evil is still there in fact growing into a monster. The well-armed militia we pass for herdsmen are invading everywhere and the reactions have been passed for ethnic and religious hatred. Today we talk more of hatred and the killing is going on unabated.
Those who gave the CJN the unholy push knew beforehand that it was not the right thing to do even if it was legally correct. They know the nature of this country and its complexities. If they are truthful to themselves, they would admit without hesitation that in building a great nation some things may be legally right but they may not be expedient, those that do this know that building a nation is not solely about legalism, it is most often about discretion and conventions.
I have heard people talk about the concept of everybody being equal and no one being above the law and I hear their interpretations and I can’t help but laugh at the ways and manners of the Black man. The White man knows that this is a principle, and that principles are ideals that do not in totality reflect reality. In those societies not everyone gets the treatment our current leaders have chosen to mete out to the CJN. It is bad politics. And everyone can see it: a petition by an extraneous body, no investigation, I’m not talking about reference to the NJC and suddenly there is arraignment for trial. This is Hollywood drama the political version.
A new IGP has been appointed. He is a Muslim and a Northerner. Many in this country had thought that President Buhari would begin an act of inclusion with this appointment but in the end he failed everyone including himself. The appointment of the IGP adds to the list that is common knowledge. The entire security apparatus is in the hands of one group and one religious group and this is happening in a plural country.
When I look at what Buhari is doing with his re-election campaign I reach the conclusion that the man knows what he is doing and deliberately setting the country on the edge. After his election in 2015, he took all the strategic positions for his cronies who are mainly from his area of origin. For his re-election, he has suddenly realized the importance of the Southern Nigerian people.
Today Bola Tinubu from the South and a Muslim is the co-chairman of his Presidential Campaign Council; Chibuike Amaechi, Christian minority from South-South is the Director-General; Festus Keyamo, South South is the spokesperson; Party Chairman, Adams Oshiomole, South South and the Chairman of the Advisory Council and Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo is from the South West.
This shows that Buhari knows that our strength lies in our diversity. That he knows and has chosen to act contrary to this is a confirmation that his plans for this country are not noble. He has gone this length because the victims of his bad acts are passive.
Nobody would have done this type of thing to the north and gone free. I recommend that southerners particularly South-East and South-South wake up from their slumber. It is time they know that without bravery there is no end to slavery.

1,085 total views, 43 views today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)
ALSO READ>  [Video] Timaya – Ah Blem Blem
Continue Reading

Education

Breaking: ASUU rejects Federal Government’s offers as strike continues

Published

on

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), presently on a nationwide strike, has rejected the offers made to it early this week by the Nigerian government.

This was made known by the President of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, who revealed that upon reviewing the offers made by the government, members of the union across various campuses and zones rejected it.

Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, had stated that the labour dispute with the university teachers was on the verge of being resolved after the seventh meeting with the leadership of ASUU on Tuesday.

ALSO READ>  So SAD!! 3 Persons Feared Dead In Road Accident In Ogun

However, in a report by PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday, the President of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, disregarded the claim of Chris Ngige and stated that they had rejected the offer.

Mr. Ogunyemi, who described government’s offer on the outstanding revitalization fund of N1.1 trillion as tokenism, said members are insisting that government should release at least a tranche of N220 billion spread over four quarters of 2019.

ALSO READ>  The Real Looters List That Buhari And Lai Don’t Want You To Know About – Reno

He added that on earned allowances, government’s proposal should not be lesser than the total amount released “the last time.

Mr Ogunyemi said; “Our members have rejected tokenism with respect to outstanding revitalization fund of N1.1 trillion. They are insisting that government should release at least one tranche of N220 billion spread over four quarters of 2019.

“On earned academic allowances, our members said government’s proposed amount out of the verified balance should not be less than the total amount released last time, while evidence of mainstreaming the allowances into the 2019 budget should be shown. Also, timeline should be attached to payment of the balance of the arrears.

ALSO READ>  ‘Nothing New If Manchester City Beat Us’- Man United Boss Jose Mourinho

“The revitalization fund and earned academic allowances are the two critical areas on which our members feel strongly about. They expect necessary adjustments on the part of government before they can reconsider their decision on the ongoing strike action.”

1,826 total views, 46 views today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Education

ASUU explains why strike has not been suspended after its 7th meeting with government

Published

on

After its seventh meeting with government, ASUU has explained why strike, which is over two months is still ongoing.

In the middle: ASUU President, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi at the Union’s meeting on Saturday, August 12, 2017. In the middle: ASUU President, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi at the Union’s meeting on Saturday, August 12, 2017.
Following the meeting between the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and Federal Government on Monday, January 7, 2019, ASUU president, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi has explained why the strike has not been suspended.

Ogunyemi while speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, said the union is yet to conclude consultations with its members on the possible agreement presented by the Federal Government at the meeting.

Asked when the strike which is over two months now would be called off, the union president said “Our members said they want to see evidence of satisfactory implementation of all they have proposed before the strike can be called off.”

Recall that the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige on Monday after the meeting said that the Federal Government has released N15.4 billion for the payment of the salary shortfalls, which according to him is one of the major demands of the union.

ALSO READ>  See Graphic Photos: Driver Trapped As Speeding Car Runs Into Stationary Truck In Lagos (Photos)

Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige
“On the issue of salaries in tertiary institutions, especially in universities, the Ministry of Finance and the Office of the Accountant- General provided evidence that as of Dec. 31, 2018, the Federal Government had remitted N15.4 billion.

“Also on the issue of Earned Allowances in the universities system, they also showed us evidence that Mr President has approved the N20 billion to be used to offset the outstanding arrears of the 2009 and 2012 audit verified earnings, in the university system,” he said.

ASUU initially denies reaching agreement with government

Barely two days after the FG-ASUU meeting, ASUU president said the union is yet to reach any agreement with government over the ongoing strike.

ALSO READ>  The Real Looters List That Buhari And Lai Don’t Want You To Know About – Reno

The union leader in an interview with Tribune said the negotiations between both parties were still inconclusive.

He added that the team that represented ASUU at the meeting has no final on whether the strike should be suspended after the meeting or not.

Ogunyemi also explained that what is on ground now between the government and the lecturers is not an agreement but a proposal which the union insisted must be written down to show the government’s plans of action.

Danielson Bamidele Akpan: NANS president. Danielson Bamidele Akpan: NANS president. Danielson Bamidele Akpan: NANS president.
NANS accuses ASUU of being selfish

Meanwhile, the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has urged ASUU to suspend the lingering strike since the union has supposedly reached an agreement with the government.

In a statement signed by NANS president, Comrade Bamidele Akpan and sent to Pulse on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, the student body accused the lecturers of not pursuing the interest of Nigerian students.

ALSO READ>  #BBNaija: Nina Will Undergo Moral Rehabilitation – IMSU VC

The statement reads in part:

‘’We urge our members and the general public to know that ASUU do not pursue our collective interest as they claim and desist from subscribing to blackmail and propaganda on the leadership of NANS. Now that both Federal Government and ASUU have resumed negotiation and concessional approval made by the FG, the general public should prevail on ASUU to go back to the classroom in the interest of the country.

‘’No amount of blackmail and propaganda by ASUU and some hardliners will make me lose focus as President of NANS. You must have seen the name dropping and castigation on main stream and social media. I shall continue to discharge my duties in the best interest of Nigerian students. In the next few days there must be visible result which will get our members back to classroom.

ASUU declared an indefinite nationwide strike on Sunday, November 4, 2018 at its NEC meeting held at the Federal University of Technology, Akure.

1,801 total views, 43 views today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Ngtrend, Theme by Abioye Samuel WhatsApp +2349020501273 http://ngtrend.com.ng
© 2018, Ngtrend (Design By Topcityvibe)